I.T. Support Helpdesk Technician
Posted: 13th May 2021
We are seeking an I.T. professional to join our busy technical support team. In this position, you will be providing general technical support to our extensive client base as well as assisting with various I.T. projects.
You will have previous experience in a business I.T. support role and will be looking for an opportunity to work with cutting edge technologies and have the opportunity for progression through multiple paths of the company.
This role offers the successful candidate the opportunity of an entry level position within our established business; thus helping to ensure it delivers excellence to our customers.
Required skills, knowledge and experience include:
- An ideal minimum of 2 years’ experience working in an IT support role.
- Knowledge and awareness of current Microsoft technology. This includes Windows Server, Windows Client, Active Directory, Microsoft Exchange, Microsoft Office 365.
- Knowledge and awareness of networking protocols, virtualisation, email messaging, disaster recovery & network security.
- Knowledge and awareness of system hardware. This includes servers, routers, firewalls, switches and end-user systems.
- Mac OS knowledge desirable but not essential.
- Current Microsoft certification(s) desirable but not essential.
- A willingness to learn & develop existing skills.
- To work cohesively and efficiently as part of a team of I.T. professionals.
- Strong written and spoken communication skills, conveying ideas effectively.
- Highly motivated with the ability to work independently.
- Very good time management skills with the ability to prioritise and handle multiple tasks and projects during busy periods.
- Very good customer facing skills & professional telephone manner.
- Smartly dressed.
- Occasionally be available for out of hours on call support.
- Hold a full UK Driving Licence & perform onsite work (not initially required but highly desirable moving forward).
This is a full time position (45 hours a week) based in our HQ Office in Yeovil, UK.
Salary range: £18,000 to £22,000 (depending on experience).