I.T. Support Technician
22th March 2021
We are seeking an I.T. professional to join our busy technical support team. In this position, you will be assisting with various I.T. projects as well as providing general technical support to our extensive client base.
You will have previous experience in an I.T. support role and will be looking for an opportunity to work with cutting edge technologies and have the opportunity for progression through multiple paths of the business.
This role offers the successful candidate the opportunity of an entry to mid-level position within our established business; thus helping to ensure it delivers excellence to our customers.
Required skills, knowledge and experience include:
- Minimum 2 years’ experience working in an IT support role.
- Knowledge and awareness of current Microsoft technology: Windows Server, Windows Client, Active Directory, Microsoft Exchange, Microsoft Office 365.
- Knowledge and awareness of networking protocols, virtualisation, email messaging, disaster recovery & network security.
- Knowledge and awareness of system hardware. This will include servers, routers, firewalls, switches and end-user systems.
- Mac OS knowledge desirable but not essential.
- Current Microsoft certification(s) desirable but not essential.
- Willingness to learn & develop existing skills.
- Work cohesively and efficiently as part of a team of I.T. professionals.
- Strong written and spoken communication skills, conveying ideas effectively.
- Highly motivated with the ability to work independently.
- Very good time management skills with the ability to prioritise and handle multiple tasks and projects during busy periods.
- Hold a full UK Driving Licence & perform onsite work (not initially required but highly desirable moving forward).
- Very good customer facing skills & professional telephone manner.
- Smartly dressed.
- Occasionally be available for out of hours support.